Monday, April 26, 2010

Remembering....

So....

From what I can tell, it's perfectly normal to have a day each year to remember someone you've lost. My mom died 10 years ago and I still think about her on her birthday. Normal, I suppose.

This week I remember a loss... but it's not one I talk about much. That's changing, though. I'm sharing more and more of myself with the people around me and I think that's good.

It's also odd in a way...

It makes me remember even more, if that's possible. Maybe it's because more people are checking on me (good thing!) or maybe it's because other people knowing brings about insecurity. Either way, I remember. Sometimes there is grief with the remembering... sometimes there is longing... sometimes joy (makes no sense, I know)... and on and on... many, many feelings.

Remembering is good...

1 comment:

  1. Love you, Juliet! You are amazing! Keep on remembering. :)

    ReplyDelete