Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Not Cut Out for This....

I am not cut out for single motherhood! My husband is out of town this week and I do NOT like it at all. Part of it is that he is such an amazing, wonderful, helpful husband. He helps with the house and the kids and all the shuttling of children from one place to another. And he does all of that without complaining. Doing all of that by myself is hard... mostly the logistics of it... sitting at my older child's soccer practice with the babies is just not fun, and if my husband is here we can tag team and it's much easier.

But, really, I can handle that for a week at a time if I have to. It's not fun, but I can handle it. The part that is SO hard is that he is my best friend!! I love chatting with him about my day and his day and talking through decisions with him. It's just difficult for me not to have that. Neither of us are really phone people, so it's just not the same. I enjoy his company. I miss him!!!

He was not supposed to have as many trips as he does with his job. We thought he would have two per year (a week long each), but it's ending up being more like six trips per year. *sigh*

I know it's wimpy. Several friends of mine are military wives and moms and live without their husbands for months on end. I honestly don't think I could do it.

I miss my sweetie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment