Thursday, March 4, 2010

Soccer Mom!

Well, I'm officially a literal "soccer mom" :-) My three older kids all play this year and it's fun for them. I played soccer when I was in high school so once they get older and the games get more exciting I really enjoy watching. My girls are still at the age where they are learning and it tends to be a madhouse at times, but they are cute :)

It does get challenging at times with the babies, though. The weather has been an issue and it's hard to watch the games when both the little ones are there. We do manage, but for practices we swap off and one parent stays home with the others while the other parent attends the practice. The girls practice too early for that, though, because my hubby isn't home from work yet so I have to go with all the kids by myself. We make it work, though. My oldest does his homework in the van and the babies and I hang out and watch the practice... sometimes it's cold, though.

The cold brings me to a different subject.... what with people who want to tell you what you're doing wrong as a mom all the time? I mean, so I don't have a hat on my baby... apparently that is just an awful awful thing. The day I'm thinking of, it was cold, but not THAT cold. It was about 50 degrees... chilly, but not temps where my baby would die if he didn't have a hat on. And that's another thing... kids don't get sick (colds and flu) from being cold!!!! They get sick from being exposed to germs. This is apparently something a lot of people don't understand. I can't name the number of times I've been told "oooh... where's their jacket, they are going to catch a cold!". That's not how it works people. It just doesn't. The thing is, I'm perfectly willing to put jackets and hats on my babies, but some of them tend to be on the warm side. Some people are freezing all the time and some people are hot all the time.... some of my children and I are hot all the time, so when we are outside in 50 degree weather it feels good to us, especially. We don't want to wear a jacket. That's not something I want to explain to people I don't know who are commenting on my mothering skills, though.

Oh, well :-)

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be an interesting experiment if you just started crossing your eyes as they are blah-blah-blahing..... mmmwwwwaaahahhaahhahhaa!

    ReplyDelete