Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sometimes I'm not okay.

Really. Sometimes I'm not okay. I tend to focus on the positive and the blessings around me... not on the upsetting things around me. People tend to think I'm always okay... better than okay, even.

And that's okay with me... it really is. I love my life :)

But sometimes I'm not okay. Sometimes I'm tired and annoyed and angry and sad. Sometimes I'm just in a funk.

I've been in a funk for a couple days now. I'm tired, I'm annoyed all the time, I'm short with the kids...

There are several possible reasons for this... I'm hormonal... gotta love that ;) I haven't been sleeping well... never fun. And part of it, I'm sure, is the fact that this past Wed would have been my mother's birthday. She died one week before my first child was born.

My childhood years were less than ideal. I wasn't terribly close to my mother. But I still miss her... I miss the idea of her... I miss what I could have had... what I should have had. Most people around me have a mom. They have a mom to help with their kids or at the very least a mom to call and talk to every once in a while. I don't have that... and my mom's birthday reminds me of it.

I in no way want to imply that I haven't had people who were there for me.. I have :) I have had wonderful, Godly women who have prayed for me and loved me. And I am thankful. Still miss my mom, though.

Sorry this post was depressing. But I am human... and sometimes... I'm not okay.

1 comment:

  1. you know i love reading your blog :)! Now one day you BETTER bring Jacob or Benjamin over here to hang out with Joseph, and you take your sassy self up to BAM and get a coffee and read and just hang out or whatever or go to dirt cheap (hA HA HA)...we will have a blast and you can get some alone time! :) Praying for you with much love :)

    ReplyDelete