Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Well, it's 2010! I pray it's a blessed and growing year for anyone reading this :-)

In the past, I've done very different things in terms of resolutions... some years I have made a list of resolutions and other years I have refused to because I never seem to follow through. So, this year, in line with the name of this blog, I'm going for balance :-) Rather than make a list of resolutions that may or may not be accomplished... lets face it, a year is a long time, and a lot can change in a year... I have decided to pray about, decide on, and write out a guiding principle for the year. At first I was trying to write this long, drawn out, pretty sounding sentence... but I just started hearing the voice of Charlie Brown's teacher in my head. That's not a good start ;-) So, I decided to be very simple and direct (the way I like it!)...

This year (2010) I will focus on being thankful.

I looked up the word "thankful" in an online thesaurus and this is what I found:

Main Entry: thankful

Part of Speech: adjective

Definition: appreciative

Synonyms: beholden, content, contented, grateful, gratified, indebted, much obliged, obliged, overwhelmed, pleased, relieved, satisfied.

Antonyms: critical, thankless, unappreciative, ungrateful, unthankful


I just LOVE that list of synonyms and it completely describes what I want my attitude about life and about God to be. I've just read that list over and over and over again... and I will be meditating on it a lot this year. I do believe that an attitude of thankfulness will spill over into my actions and into the attitudes of those I love. And the list of antonyms... those words are ugly and I do not want to reflect those attitudes in my life.

So, my prayer for this year is that God would cultivate an attitude of thankfulness in my heart and life.

I am incredibly thankful for my friends and family! Love you! :-)

And so it begins....








No comments:

Post a Comment