Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Just Stuff

Well, I guess not every post can be all thought provoking or hilariously funny... I do want to try to post relatively often, so I'll just update what's going on with stuff in life.

The older kids are out of school right now. I have them for another week :) I really do enjoy days with them home better than I do days when they are gone to school. We get to be on our own schedule rather than having to follow someone else's schedule. When school is in session, they are not allowed to watch tv (or have any other electronics time) except on the weekends, but while they are out for breaks (except summer... it's too long) I let them have lots more time. They have been loving it!! Their brains may be complete mush by the end of the week!

We had my 2 year old's birthday party over the holiday and it was a blast! My in-laws rented out a party room in the bowling alley where they live and all the kids had tons of fun. I think my kids enjoyed that more than they did the Christmas activities!

I am in the middle of re-organizing my house and pretty much everything about the logistics of our household. There will be a new meal plan, a new budget plan, new chores for the kids, and new house-cleaning plan... this WILL all be done by the end of the week! I am determined :-)

I am about half-way through with the home organization part and am ready to be done!! It's tiring, but I am getting rid of tons of stuff and I like that feeling :-) There were a couple problem areas in our home we found solutions for and I am excited!

The first was our board games and toys in the boys bedroom... I bought a cabinet and have organized all that... yay!

The next is the area in our kitchen when you first walk in the door... There 7 of us... SEVEN!! And there is NO closet, nowhere to conveniently store coats, backpacks, shoes, purses, etc. So I spent my Christmas money on a wardrobe to put there. I can't wait for it to get here!!! I found it on ebay with free shipping :-) It may take a while to get here, though. I did take some before pics and I plan to post before and after pictures when it gets here and I get everything in it. Can't wait!!!

Okay, that's it for now. I hope and pray you all have a blessed and wonderful New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the pics. I'm sure you will be quite excited to get it all organized. I am working on organizing my files (got a new filing cabinet for my bday) and making the kids a new task list/chore chart. I love this kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete