Saturday, December 12, 2009

New Year Plans

I can't stand to be late! I tend to do everything WAY early!! If I'm not fifteen minutes early wherever I am going, I tend to be freaky about it. My Christmas shopping was done in September, everything was wrapped in October, and even the vast majority of the stocking stuff was done before December ever got here. I should say right here that the one exception is my Christmas cards... still haven't even started on those. I usually don't do them till the last minute.. mostly because there is nothing about doing them that I enjoy.

Okay! Back to the point... I said all that to explain that I have a few things planned for the new year already, though it may be a little early to be planning them. Oh, well, that's just the way I roll :-)

First... My two year old is still allowed to have his passy whenever he wants it. This will change in January... we normally make the rule they can only have it in bed when they turn 2 years old, but he turned two a couple days ago and we didn't want to implement that right before holiday travel. So, in January his world will be rocked. He will survive, though :-)

Next... My four year old sucks her thumb. I will begin my mission to stop this in January. And before you all start telling me I don't have to, I know I don't have to... I want to. There are way too many issues with teeth and orthodontics in our family to risk making it worse with lengthy thumb-sucking. So, I will be reading and researching ways to stop this, and in January her world will be rocked. Again, she will survive :-) (This is one of the reasons I will do my best to get my future babies to take a passy... it was easier to take away!)

Next... We have recently implemented a new budget plan. December was the "get the kinks out" month, and we will be going full force with it beginning in January. We are determined to get our credit cards paid off!! We also need a new roof. So, we will need to figure that one out in terms of our budget.

That's all I can remember right now... where's my brain? I think there's more... oh, well, not a big deal. I think my brain is still back at 3:00am when I was up with the baby. Still not sure what his problem was, but then I have days where I'm not sure what my problem is too :-)

We have our Sunday School Christmas party tonight! There is a Polar Express theme for the kids... we're going to have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment