Monday, December 14, 2009

Laughter

I do believe laughter is good for the soul! And there has been tons and tons of laughter in my home over the years... kids are hilarious!! :-) So, I'm going to try to record some of the funny stories on here so I can remember them....

When my oldest was younger he would come to me in the middle of the night because he heard a noise or something I would talk to him a minute and then tell him to go back to bed and pray about it. He always said it helped and it always seemed to work. Well... one night he came into my room at night and said "mom, I wet the bed" and I said... "It'll be okay sweetheart, just go back to bed and pray about it and everything will be okay."... In my sleepy stupor I wasn't really paying attention to what he said! Well, a few minutes later he came back in and said "mom, I went back to bed and prayed, but my bed is still wet!!" LOL! The faith of a child :-) Needless to say I tried to pay better attention when he came to me in the night after that! :-)

Another one I thought of recently was when my first child was just a baby. He was my first and I was CLUELESS!! Totally clueless... Anyway, one night in the middle of the night I had nursed him and then changed his diaper. I picked him up to put him in his bed and felt something HUGE under his sleeper... I was thinking.. OH NO!! He has a tumor or something! When I set him down and unsnapped his sleeper... it was the rubber nose sucker thing... I had accidentally snapped it up in his outfit when I changed him :-)

And just so my husband doesn't feel left out... With our first child, he went with me to my ultrasound and after it was over we went and waited in an exam room for the doc to come talk to us... well, my hubby is a snooper :) He was opening all the cabinets and snooping around. When the doc came in he asked "what is that metal thing in there?? It looks like a fancy can opener!!" HAHAHAHA!!! :-) If you're a man and you're reading this, ask your wife what I'm talking about if you don't know :-)

Okay just a few funnies from my life... there are sure to be more :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment